Best Poker Hands And Worst Poker Hands
If you are lucky to be dealt one of these initial hands, you are definitely having an excellent beginning Pair of Aces as known as American Airlines or pocket rockets, it is the best possible Texas Holdem starting hand. Pair of Kings not as good as a pair of Aces but still an excellent way to open a game of Texas Holdem.
Pair of Queens if you want to look at the bright side, you will be beaten only by Kings and Aces. Ace and King if they are of the same suit, your condition is even better, since you can form the nut flush at ease.
Pair of Jacks unless the flop shows either a Queen, King or an Ace, you have decent chances of winning with this promising starting hand. Ace and Queen the same as Ace and King, a suited hand would increase your chances of stepping out as a winner.
King and Queen unless the community cards contain an Ace, you are in a good shape with this starting hand and even better if it is suited Ace and Jack even if appears unsuited, this starting hand is still worth holding.
King and Jack still one of the best Texas Holdem starting hands, but be careful with it, especially when unsuited. Ace and Ten the Ace upgrades it to a pretty good hand, although requires a cautious play since it can be beaten by any of the starting hands mentioned above.
Worst Poker Hands
These hands would suit you well if you play some of the lowball variations, but if you play traditional Texas Holdem poker, the best advice would be to fold.
- 2 and 7 if you are dealt this hand, especially unsuited, you cannot even make a straight. Even if suited you should be so lucky to form a low flush or the lowest pair. In one word fold.
- 2 and 8 same as the previous hand; pair of 8s is still a low pair.
- 3 and 7 although it can beat the previous hands, it still a worthless pair of cards
- 3 and 8 again, hardly even a low straight.
- 2 and 6 only if the community cards will feature 3, 4 and 5, you will have a chance of forming a straight. However, do not count on it, especially if there are more than 3 attendances in the game.
- 2 and 9 thanks to the presence of the 9 you are in better shape than with the former hands, still you cannot form a straight and even a pair of 9s would be beaten by pairs of 10s, Jacks, Queens, etc.
- 3 and 9 the same thing higher than 8 lower than almost any other hand.
- 4 and 9 as mentioned above; foldem.
- 2 and 10 even though Doyle Brunson had won two WSOP bracelets with this starting hand, unless you have the talent and experience of Brunson, do not hold this hand.
- 5 and 9 also known as Dolly Parton, this hand would get you nowhere near the final table.